The Lessons of 2017
- Take the time to do hand finishings on sewn pieces. It makes such a difference when I have perfectly done hems and bindings. It makes the garment way more wearable.
- Life is short. The journey is the destination.
- Starting perimenopause changed me in ways both good and bad.
- Voting matters.
- Who wins an election can drastically change everything.
- It's OK to do things that feel hard.
- Saying no to something that someone else wants me to do is really saying yes to myself.
- If I follow my self-care plan, life goes better. (Help Someone, Have a Good Night of Sleep, Exercise, Eat Well + Drink Water, Make Something, Meditate.