My assumption is that no one reads my blog. I write for myself; It's kind of like my journal. Maybe my daughter will be interested in reading about what I blogged about at some point.
I enjoy blogging. It's like my cheap version of therapy. I should do it more often. If it matters, here's what's been keeping me from blogging.
- Family sicknesses. I think it's all going to be OK, but there's definitely been some health struggles in parts of our family. I haven't wanted to blog about it, so I've been trying to get through it in other ways.
- There's been a lot of divorce connected to us in some way. 1 couple in my family, 1 couple in Scott's family, and 2 couples that we're friends with. Here's what it's made me realize. Divorce sucks. Being in a shitty marriage also sucks. So, while you're in the marriage, try to ensure that the marriage doesn't become shitty. I think that a lot of it is about momentum. And, the couple can make things good or can make things bad depending on their actions and words.
- Work is challenging these days. Not my actual work, but our environment and some changes that we're going through. Again, I think we'll get through it and I don't need to discuss it here, but it's taking a lot of energy.
And, here's an update of what's going on with me these days.
- Star is an amazing little person. She's in her last year of preschool. She's smart, she's social, she's verbal, and she's figuring out how to read and write.
- Scott and I are focused on Kindergarten tours and information nights to try and make a good decision about where she should go next year.
- I'm proud of my health and weight loss. I've made some dietary changes and exercise quite a bit and the results have been showing. I'm happy to be getting more healthy and fit. I still have a bit to go, but I'm proud.
Hopefully, now back to some sort of regular blogging schedule.